Sierra Del Barón Rojo

The epics of my Beechcraft Sierra.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

 

Merimbula back to Canberra

UMS at Merimbula
Author

The storm front

R30 is 1.679km long

The first photo is me getting ready to check the plane and the second shot is me flying. It is pretty dark, due to those storm fronts comming in, so I do not have my snap-on shades attached. Yeah I have those big aviation glasses, but mine are nearly plane glass with a small reading channel.

I managed to land at Canberra before it started to rain, some 30 minutes before last light. The tower controllers did turn the runway lights on to improve our chances of locating the runway.

The storm front held off long enough and the rain was only quite light, and no thunder, lightning or hail eventuated.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]