Sierra Del Barón Rojo

The epics of my Beechcraft Sierra.

Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Bunyan - Saturday 06 May 2006

I took vh-ums and one PAX down to Bunyan for the day.

I was duty pilot and believe it or not we had 9 trial instructional glider flights. I was very busy collecting names and indemnity forms. All launches were 5000' AMSL for $80 a flight varying between 12 minutes and 25 minutes each.

For the trip home we got into the plane at 16:30 and warmed the engine up and then taxiied back-tracking R27 for a downhill takeoff into wind - the best combination.

The flight to Bunyan took 34 minutes and the flight home took 30 minutes wheels up to wheels down. Canberra Approach vectored us South West due to traffic and it was sometime before I was allowed to intercept the desired outbound radial 174 Magnetic.

Sunday was a washout, with extreme westerlies blowing in low continuous cloud cover. There was probably wave at Bunyan, but I was happy to be inside where it was certainly warmer.

I was hoping to fly to Moruya with the dog as a trial. I bought a harness for our dog Thunder, and the intention is to take her to the beach in the plane. I looked up the regulations in CASR Part 91 and I can accomodate our dog in the cargo-hold. My cargo hold has a large comparment which accepts two foldup push-bikes and has a bench seat. We will place appropriate absorbent material and plastic over the soft furnishings in the hold in case the dog has an accident. VH-UMS is actually a 4 + 2 seat Aeroplane, it is licenced to carry 6 people, but the last two must not weigh over 90 kg combined weight so thunder is well suited at around only 38 kg and could actually be accompanied by my daughter - but she has gone back to Uni.

Thunder loves water and has never been to the beach and Moruya beach allows dogs, so we can't miss this opportunity. Of course if she barks - I won't hear her, and if she is sick - she won't go again. She loves travelling in our cars so we will see how she goes in the plane.

This is thunder having a snack As you can see Thunder is big and appropriately named. I think I better bring something like a milk-crate to help her into the plane.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]